About Me

My photo
This blog is for the purpose of all things related to the kitchen. This includes recipes, cool gadgets, and little anecdotes. Enjoy!

Friday, April 8, 2011

The Salty-Sweet Combo



I have always been a fan of the salty with the sweet. In my mind, whoever thought to mix the two was a genius. I will eat chocolate covered pretzels, caramel popcorn, tortilla chips with sweet chili....I like it all.

Recently, I came up with a new salty-sweet combination without even realizing what I was doing. As I was preparing my dinner of a greek salad I decided to change things up a little and really live on the edge. Instead of using my normal dressing of olive oil, salt, pepper, and oregano I was in the mood for poppyseed dressing. This dressing is more on the sweeter side and the combination of that with the salty feta cheese really excited my taste buds.

My new favorite thing to do with salad dressing is put all the ingredients in a mini food processor and blend it all together. This saves my poor arm from all the shaking and the high chance of a jar of oil exploding on me. The outcome is a great creamy dressing.

I highly recommend trying this combination, even though it sounds a bit strange!



Greek Salad

Romaine lettuce
tomato
cucumber
red onion
olives (optional)

Poppyseed Dressing

1 cup oil
1/3 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons chopped onion
2 teaspoons poppyseeds


ENJOY!!




No comments:

Post a Comment